Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Epic Poem #5

Red
Yellow
Green
Purple.











They say we're all the same and
it doesn't matter if you're one or the other. 
Why are we categorized, then?

If it doesn't matter so much,
Why are the labels there?



















Huh?
Can you give me an answer for that?
I bet you weren't expecting that kind of reaction.

You probably expected me to say,
"Yeah, okay.  Sure."
But I won't!
Not anymore!



















I have lived the past sixteen years as a prisoner of your groupings.

I have been a NERD,
POPULAR,
WHITE,
13-18,
CUTE,
AWKWARD,

















And I'm darn tired of it!
Why must I be SOMETHING???
Can't I just be ME?
Do I have to be SCARED?
BRAVE?
OUTGOING?
SHY?
It's just hormones, you think.
She's going through a difficult time.




















Well, it's NOT!
I'M not!
God! Get a grip!
I can be everything else,
But I can't be free to express my

POINT OF VIEW?










Just leave me alone.
And I'm not 
DIFFICULT!

No comments:

Post a Comment